Gorgon Gas Project
Gorgon Non Process Infrastructure – Firemain System
Capital Works & Upgrades, Process Pipe Fabrication & Installation, Specialised Welding & Fabrication
Scope of Work
Fabrication, non-destructive testing, hydrotesting and onsite welding of small bore piping stainless firemain system.
Project was completed over a 12 month period with multiple levels of each building firemain system fabricated. Deliveries were coordinated monthly to conform with the head contract requirements including logistical and strict quarantine processes.
Delivery: Ex works APMSGroup in Henderson. Our workshop was approved by the head client of the project as an authorised quarantine load out facility.
The project work was carried out offsite by the team at our Henderson fabrication facility and onsite by the APMS Group shutdown management and execution team.
The support team included: Project Management, Quality Management, Project Supervision, Workshop – Specialised Coded Welders, Workshop – Pipe Fitters, Onsite – Specialised Coded Welders and Onsite – Pipe Fitters.
- Zero incidents or accidents
- Project Man-hours > 8,500
- Part A – Stainless Steel full penetration butt welds completed > 6,500
- Part B – Individual pipe spools fabricated and managed logistically > 800
- Part C – Butt welds requiring NDT testing including x-ray and dye penetrant testing >4,500
- Butt weld failure rate – < 1%
- Specialised coded welding and pipe fitting
- Project and quality management
- Spool traceability
- Subcontract Coordination for non-destructive testing, hydrotesting, packaging and delivery